Want To Build Your Savings Account Rapidly And Get Out Of Debt?
One strategy for saving rapidly or getting out of debt is to become a maniac about simplifying your life. Now, of course, before you take drastic action, review your plan with a certified financial planner. If you get the green light, then you might try really going for the simple life. How do you get to a simple life and save lots of money? Read on …
Most Important Word In Simplifying Life Is: NO!
- Ask Yourself Do I Need a Newer Car? No, not if an older model will go from a to b just fine.
- Do I need this mortgage? No, not if I can sell this house and rent a smaller place for a lot less.
- Do I need the lawn maintenance, home up keep etc.? Not if you rent and let the landlord do it.
- Do I need the private schools – Not if you are committed to help your children while going to public schools.
- Does my child really need to go to an out-of-state college or will in-state work fine for their undergraduate degree?
- Do I need that new handbag? No
- Do I need those new clothes? No, and if yes, should I go to the pricey retail stores? No, shop discount.
- Do I need the health club? No, get a set of hand weights and a video program and work out at home.
- Does my child need to be in five activities? No, a couple will do and free time will work wonders for growth of imagination and development of passions.
- Do I need to spend to be happy? No, No, No.
Change Is Hard And Most Will Make Excuses – But How About You?
Listen, this is not easy. There are a million reasons to stay with the status quo. Actually, things aren’t that bad … if we stay where we are … do what we do … then we don’t have to stress about changing … and we can just keep complaining that we don’t have any money saved up and just figure it out when we are old and have nothing for retirement – right? Wrong! OlyLife encourages you to build a simplification plan. Then take the steps needed to bring about the dramatic changes. You will see your savings grow!!
Example Steps to Simplify Life
- Write out a list of major financial changes to stop the spending
- Review your ideas with a financial expert to make sure there are no gotchas
- Once approved, take action such as the steps below
- Sell the newer cars and purchase reasonable used cars to get rid of any car payments
- Sell the home and go to a smaller low monthly rental
- Stop spending on wants and only buy what is really needed – purchase discount and on sale only
- Move kids from private to public schools (unless public are truly terrible) – You can help them to have a great education through enrichment
- Cut down all unnecessary items – make sure you are on best cell and cable plans etc.
- Eat at home most of the time
- Use coupons
- Save, Save, Save the difference
- Work hard and get a raise – put it to savings and forget about it!
- Stay on the road to wealth
- Work on Spiritual Strength to Help You Stay With The Plan
More Money Is A Matter Of Choice – Fastest Way To Get A Dollar Is To Not Spend The One You Have
The power is within you to achieve a dramatic change in your financial situation. Most folks are just not ready for the discipline it takes not to spend money. It is similar to weight loss … it takes discipline to not eat and to exercise daily … most people would rather just enjoy the cream puff. Are you ready? Let us know what you decide and how you are doing as you strive to make the most of your one and only life – That’s OlyLife!
More Personal Finance
How To Improve My Life